Regis Brown: Facts about the Man from Erie who Murdered his Wife and Stepdaughter

New accusations against Regis Brown of Pennsylvania have emerged. Brown, who murdered his wife and stepdaughter, is now also charged with the 1988 murder of Bryce Tompkins. Who is Brown and what crimes did he commit? We have the details for you in this Regis Brown wiki.

Who Is Regis Brown?

Regis Andrew Brown was born on March 23, 1959, making him 59. He stands tall at six feet and hails from Fairview, Pennsylvania.

About Regis Brown
Age62 Years
BirthMarch 23, 1959
Height6 feet
SpouseMichele Brown 1999-2018
ChildrenTammy Greenawalt
MurderedMichele Brown, Tammy Greenawalt, Bryce Kenneth Tompkins

Posted by Regis Brown on Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Tammy Greenawalt, 35, was Regis Brown’s stepdaughter. Greenawalt’s Facebook bio read, “Mom, good friend, Batman & Zelda fan! I had to fight to get to where I’m at!”

Posted by Tammy Greenawalt on Friday, March 25, 2016

Her account stated that she was from Wattsburg, Pennsylvania. She had a teen daughter and judging by her Facebook account, it looks like she was a single mother. Greenawalt was born on March 20, 1982.

Posted by Mark Greenawalt on Sunday, June 26, 2016

Michele Brown, 53, was Greenawalt’s mother. Before marrying Regis Brown, Michele was married to Mark Greenawalt. Michelle also had a son named Alan Greenawalt and she was very close to her kids.

mom, dad & my oldest granddaughter renee

Posted by Michele Brown on Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Regis Brown’s Slaying of Michele and Greenawalt

When Michele Brown took vows with Regis Brown on September 4, 1999, little did she know that the man she was marrying would cut her life short. Regis and Michele were married for 19 years but one day, everything changed.

Back in March 2018, Michele and Tammy Greenawalt were discovered dead in the family’s Fairview Township house located on West Ridge Road.

According to authorities, Greenawalt’s 14-year-old daughter revealed that on Friday, March 9, when her mom came home, there was a struggle between her and Regis.

The girl heard Greenawalt screaming, “What are you doing? Stop it. Stop it.” Regis then took her mom to his basement. The girl revealed that she saw Greenawalt’s legs tied together and there was blood on the side of her mom’s head.

Brown tied Greenawalt to a rocking chair and stabbed her in the chest many times.

When Michele returned home from work, Regis went to the Jeep in the garage and beat her, causing blunt-force trauma. Michele was also stabbed multiple times.

Greenawalt’s daughter revealed that she never saw her mom or her grandmother after the attack on Michele. She also said that Brown took her to his room and tied her up. The girl was in the house all weekend, except on Saturday when he took her out to eat.

The girl told police that Brown was not at home on Sunday. She went to bed on Sunday night, woke up on Monday morning, and went to school.

Police Discover the Bodies

State police found the bodies on Monday, March 12 around 10:15 a.m. at Michele and Regis’s house. They’d been sent to conduct a welfare check after Michele and Greenawalt failed to show up for work at St. Vincent Hospital.

Additionally, police had been informed by Fairview Middle School that Greenawalt’s daughter had come to school on that day with marks on her wrists. When she was asked about the marks, the girl told her principal that she had been tied up by her grandfather on Friday.

Authorities found Michele’s body on the floor of the garage, wrapped up in a carpet. Greenawalt was found in a bedroom in a chair, covered with a blanket.

Police believe both of them were murdered from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. on March 9. They both were pronounced dead after 7:00 p.m. on March 12.

At the scene, they found a broken pair of scissors and a sledgehammer that appeared to be covered in blood.

Greenawalt’s daughter told authorities that Regis Brown was driving her mom’s car, a blue Suzuki SUV. Regis was found in the city of Erie, where cops performed a traffic stop and took him into the custody.

Regis admitted to killing Michele and Greenawalt. He was charged with two counts of first-degree murder, two counts of aggravated assault, charges of abuse of a corpse, unlawful restraint of a minor, and possession of an instrument of crime.

Currently, Greenawalt’s daughter is in the custody of her biological dad.

New Accusations against Regis Brown

In October 2014, veteran Pennsylvania State Police investigator Joe Vascetti met with Regis Brown. Vascetti wanted to talk about the case of Bryce Kenneth Tompkins, of New Castle, Pennsylvania.

Tompkins was murdered in 1988 and his body was disposed of in a creek. Vascetti suspected that Regis, a felon with ties to a biker gang, was behind his murder. However, Regis denied any wrongdoing and Vascetti let him go.

But in March of 2018, Vascetti again confronted Regis, who had recently been arrested for murdering his wife and stepdaughter. He was much more forthcoming then.

On October 18, 2018, authorities revealed that Regis Brown had confessed to murdering Tompkins, whom they described as an innocent victim. On top of that, Regis had also admitted to killing up to eight people in Lawrence and Erie Counties from 1986 to 2016.

Regis further claimed that he had information about at least 10 more murders, going back as far as the late ’70s.

Vascetti did not provide any details about the additional murders. He said, “At different areas, different times, random, specific killings. Serial killings.”

Vascetti added, “There’s no underlying theme for a lot of these like you do get for certain serial killers. If you offended him or he had a specific reason, like this case with Tompkins where he witnessed the burglary, he’d kill you.”

Brown said to police that he shot Tompkins, who was his neighbor, because Tompkins had witnessed the burglary Brown and a man named Paul M. Ayersman committed in 1988. Ayersman is no longer alive.

In a news conference, Lawrence County District Attorney Joshua Lamancusa confirmed that Brown and Ayersman were taken into custody in December 1988 for several burglaries they both committed in New Castle.

In one of those burglaries, a .38-caliber Smith & Wesson revolver was stolen. It was the same caliber as the gun that was used to murder Tompkins. He died after being shot twice in the back.

Brown has been charged with homicide, intimidation of witnesses in the Tompkins case, and two counts of aggravated assault.

In September 2018, Brown pleaded guilty to killing his wife and stepdaughter and was sentenced to life in prison. He is currently incarcerated at the state correctional institution in Camp Hill.

After the details were revealed at the conference, Brown’s stepson, Alan Greenawalt, said that he wishes police had arrested him long back, so that his mother and sister might still be alive today.

Also Read: 11 Horrifying Facts about the Unidentified Long Island Serial Killer