Pregnant Liv Abreu Stabbed Multiple Times by Boyfriend Oscar Alvarez, Unborn Baby Dies

Liv Abreu, a pregnant U.S. Army veteran from The Bronx, was stabbed repeatedly by her live-in boyfriend, Oscar Alvarez. Abreu is in critical condition and her unborn baby has died. Alvarez turned himself into police early Tuesday morning, calling the multiple stabbing “an accident.”

Liv Abreu Stabbed Over 30 Times by Oscar Alvarez

During a reported domestic dispute, Liv Abreu, 30, was attacked by her live-in boyfriend Oscar Alvarez.

The berserk boyfriend stabbed Abreu at least 30 times in the torso during the violent, domestic dispute inside their apartment at 1027 Walton Avenue in The Bronx at around 12:30 a.m. Tuesday morning.

The heavily pregnant, bleeding Abreu dragged herself from their third floor dwelling to a neighbor’s apartment on the second floor and called for help.

Emergency crews arrived and transported Abreu to Lincoln Hospital, where her baby was pronounced dead. Abreu is listed as being in critical but stable condition.

“She was so excited about the baby, both of them were,” said neighbor Gloria Lambert, 52. “This was going be their first.”

“She was showing,” Lambert added. “She seemed so happy.”

Alvarez reportedly fled the scene in Abreu’s 2004 Jeep Cherokee. It was found abandoned just one block from their apartment.

Police recovered a bloody knife from the apartment.

The terrified Alvarez turned himself into police and is being held at the 44th Precinct. He reportedly claims the multiple stabbing was an “accident.”

Charges against Alvarez are still pending and it has not been confirmed whether or not he was the deceased baby’s father.

Abreu Was a U.S. Army Veteran

Abreu was a former paratrooper and human resources specialist in the U.S. Army. According to her social media profile, she works for T-Mobile as a retail store manager.

Liv Abreu

Liv Abreu Stabbed Multiple Times by Oscar Alvarez (Photo: Facebook/LivAbz)

While there had been no domestic abuse reports filed between the couple in the past, a neighbor said she thought Abreu and Alvarez were having difficulties.

“I would always hear people screaming, a woman. Now I think it might’ve been her,” she said. “It started a few months ago. A month ago someone was screaming so bad, like a woman getting beaten.”

However, there are reports of others in the building who commented on what a loving couple the two seemed to be. Some commented that Alvarez was quiet but seemed very polite.

It is still unclear what prompted this violent attack.

Though earlier reports say Abreu had posted images of her sonograms on her Instagram, it looks as though they have now been taken down. As the investigation continues, some have taken to her comments section to send their support at this time.