Mariah Woods’ Death: Horrific Details of Alleged Sexual Abuse Emerge

Mariah Woods, 3, is believed to have faced sexual abuse at the hands of her mother’s live-in boyfriend, Earl Kimrey, before she ended up dead at the bottom of a creek. Kimrey now faces several charges, including concealing of death and obstruction of justice.

A court document claims that three-year-old Mariah Woods of Jacksonville, North Carolina was sexually abused by her mother’s live-in boyfriend, Earl Kimrey, before her death.

A witness who lived in the trailer with them claimed that they had seen Kimrey putting “his penis in the mouth” of Woods. The document also alleges that Woods’ mother, Kristy, knew of the sexual abuse and failed to protect her daughter.

Kimrey, 32, is also accused of physically abusing Woods’ brothers, aged 5 and 10, by hitting them with a belt and once even punching her eldest brother in the face.

Kimrey Faces Multiple Charges

Kimrey, an alleged meth and heroin addict, has been charged with concealing of death, obstruction of justice, second-degree burglary, possession of stolen property, and felony larceny. He is now being held in a county jail on a bond of $1,010,000.

Arrest warrants say that Kimrey moved Woods’ body from the spot where she died to the Holly Shelter Creek in Pender County, about 25 miles from Woods’ home. He is also accused of breaking into a Jacksonville home and stealing two dressers.

He has not been charged with Woods’ death. Police haven’t disclosed how the girl might have died; they’ve only said that her death was unnatural.

Suspicion Fell on Kimrey Early

Kimrey has a criminal history with prior charges of larceny, assault, making threats to the government, and being drunk and disorderly. These charges, from 2002 onward, stretch over two states and several counties.

The investigation into Woods’ death quickly zeroed in on Kimrey because his statements aroused suspicion. The girl’s mother claimed that her daughter was missing when she went into the bedroom to wake her up at 6:00 a.m. on November 27, 2017.

She also said that Kimrey was the last person to see Woods alive. Kimrey claimed that he had told Woods to go back to bed when she came out of her room around 12:00 a.m.

Mariah Woods’ Father Not Fooled

The couple claimed that Mariah Woods had been kidnapped from their home during the night. Woods’ biological father, Alex, did not believe this and immediately suspected Kimrey.

On December 2, divers recovered Woods’ body from the bottom of the Holly Shelter Creek.

Kimrey appeared in court on December 4 for his first hearing, but he did not make a plea.

Alex is now demanding custody of Woods’ brothers.