Jason Hancock Arrested after Body of Michael Marks Found Covered in Concrete

Jason Hancock, 48, of Brownsburg, Indiana was arrested on Thursday after the body of 41-year-old Michael Marks was found buried in a shallow grave covered in concrete earlier on Wednesday. The Marion County Prosecutor’s Office has yet to make a decision on what charges he will be facing.

Jason Hancock has been arrested after the body of 41-year old Michael Marks was found on Wednesday (March 21). A tip led investigators to a storage building in the 1200 block of W. 29th Street in Indianapolis on Wednesday morning. The body was discovered in a shallow grave covered with concrete. Police have not said how Marks died.

“To even get to a floor to get to concrete they had to move a ton of stuff, I’m assuming. You would never find anything in there,” said Brad Perdiew, who runs a motorcycle racing team business next door, and who has been in the building.

“It’s like what you would imagine if you inherited everything inside of Lowe’s and you had to put it in your garage. That’s what it looks like,” Perdiew added.

He also noted that he hasn’t seen the business owner in a long time.

Missing for Nearly a Month

Marks was reported missing on February 25 from 25 S. Lynhurst Drive. He was last seen driving a newer, dark blue BMW. He had an outstanding warrant for violating his probation on a 2011 forgery charge. Marks pleaded guilty in August 2015, and was sentenced to five years of home detention in August 2017 after violating his probation.

On February 27, two days after he was reported missing, a warrant for his arrest was issued after a new notice of probation violation was filed in Marion County.

The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department say the murder appears to be isolated, and does not pose a larger threat to the community.

“There does not seem to be a public safety risk at this time,” said Officer Jim Gillespie with IMPD. “This is isolated to the person we found in the warehouse. We’re going to continue with the investigation.”

The owner of the building where Marks’ body was found claimed that the building’s only tenant said he was running a home improvement business. The landlord said he was in the process of evicting the man for not maintaining the property.

The landlord, Prime Site Broker, responded to an email noting, “We have been in the process of evicting the tenant at 1267 W 29th. Now we have more reason to get them out.”