Ivana Smit: The Mystery Surrounding Teen Model Who Fell 14 Floors, Naked, to Her Death

Ivana Smit was an 18-year old Dutch model who carved out a successful career in Malaysia. Her young life came to a tragic end in the early hours of December 7, 2017, after she allegedly fell from the 20th floor apartment of a wealthy American, Alexander Johnson, and his Indonesian wife, Luna. Her naked body was found on a sixth-floor balcony hours later. Her death was initially declared an accident, but new evidence points to a cover-up.

Ivana Smit was a Dutch national who became well-known model in Malaysia. During her five years as a model, she worked in fashion shows for Chanel and other brands. She also met and hobnobbed with a lot of wealthy people.

After a night out partying in Kuala Lumpur, Smit returned to the 20th floor apartment of Alexander Johnson, a wealthy American cryptocurrency trader, and his wife, Luna, at before 6:00 a.m.

Closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras taken at 5:22 a.m. in a Kuala Lumpur club show Smit with a group of people, laughing, and being carried into an elevator by Johnson.

At around 6:45 a.m., Smit called and spoke to her boyfriend from inside the condominium owned by Alexander and Luna Johnson.

Less than half an hour later, at 7:24, she sent a selfie to her boyfriend with the caption, “I’m still chilling at my chicks place. I love you. [sic]”

That was the last time anyone heard from Ivana Smit. No one knows the exact time she fell over the balcony, but the occupant of apartment six, which is directly below apartment 20, stepped out onto the balcony at around 9:30 a.m.

Her naked body was found on the sixth floor balcony of the apartment after that time, and police were called at 2:45 p.m.

Local Police Say Ivana Smit’s Death Just An Accident

Local police said she fell over the balcony in a drug and booze fueled stupor while attending a swingers party. An autopsy found traces of drugs and alcohol in Smit’s system. Johnson and his wife also tested positive for drugs and were charged with drug abuse.

Unfortunately, neither Johnson nor his wife saw what happened. Johnson claims to have been sleeping when the accident occurred and Luna said she took her kids to school.

Case closed.

While cops said there was “no criminal elements” to Smit’s death, her devastated family thought otherwise, and demanded an investigation.

The family suspected foul play and said there were too many unanswered questions. Bruises were found on their daughter’s neck that looked like hand marks, and neighbors claimed to have heard an argument going on in the condominium.

The family also said that her clothes were found, but her shoes and underwear were not. Moreover, police did not look at her cell phone and did not say whether or not she had had sex with anyone that night.

Dang Wangi police chief Assistant Commissioner Shaharuddin Abdullah said that while her death was indeed an accident, they would reopen the case if any evidence of a crime surfaced.

Private Investigator Finds Evidence of Corruption and Murder

That evidence has surfaced.

The Smit family hired a private investigator, Mark Williams-Thomas, to look into Ivana’s death. Williams-Thomas, a former policeman who was involved in several high profile investigations in Britain, concluded Smit’s accidental death should be classified as a murder and blamed local authorities of a cover-up.

According to a February 3 tweet, Williams-Smith said he uncovered “clear evidence Ivana’s death should become a Homicide investigation.” He was also given direct evidence of “organised police protection rackets & organised crime syndicates operating.”

Ivana Smit Knocked out before She Fell

After his extensive investigation, Williams-Thomas discovered that Smit was hit in the head before she fell. A Dutch pathologist, Dr. Frank van der Goot, found bruising to the back of Smit’s head, and said that it “was not significant enough to have caused her death but would have rendered her unconscious.”

The pathologist contends that the injury occurred inside the apartment at some time between 7:25 a.m. and 2:45 p.m., when police were finally called. The autopsy also found bruising on Smit’s upper arms, which suggest she was grabbed from behind and a struggle took place before she fell to her death.

The pathologist added that a lack of blood from the injuries from the 14 story plunge suggests she was dead before she fell. Smit also had high levels of a drug known as PPMA, an amphetamine that is sold as ecstasy, in her system. Dr. van der Goot said the PPMA levels alone were high enough to have caused her death.

Does that point to suicide? The CCTV footage shows nothing about her behavior to suggest she was suicidal. Friends and witnesses also contend it is inconceivable that Smit took her own life.

According to Williams-Thomas, “Until such time as these questions are answered satisfactorily this case should be treated as a homicide investigation.”

And in a TV interview with Belgian broadcaster TV Limburg, Williams-Thomas said, “I have no doubt, with the evidence that I now have… and other information we have through forensics, we are in a position to say very clearly… in the UK this would be treated as a homicide investigation.”